Monday, October 8, 2012

Beginning Again

I have one more day of preparation, and then I will be posted to my village, my new home for the next 2 years.  I am incredibly nervous, yet excited to begin to build and paint and make my hut a home, to create close relationships with those in my village, as well as other Peace Corps Volunteers in my province.  I will not say much as my stomach is in knots of anxiety, but there are a few things I already know: the other PCVs in my province are amazing people with whom I cannot wait to continue getting to know these next 2 years, and I am exactly where I need to be.

On a bit of a different note, today we had to go to the Ministry of Health in Livingstone, not far from Victoria Falls.  After meeting with the District Health Office, we went to see zebras, giraffe, and the Zambezi River!  We will be able to see the actual falls most likely around Christmas time, and I feel so lucky to live only 2 hours away from the falls.  Sending peace and love to you all as the adventure continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment